Wednesday, August 21, 2013

School Days


This is the time of the year that I love. When I was young I was always so excited to go back to school. I was excited to reconnect with friends, buy new school supplies, and get my locker decorated and organized. (nerd)

I have so many memories of getting my children off to school as well. On Amanda's first day of school, I watched her get on the bus and began to cry as it took it off. My first child off to school. I will never forget little Jake watching the bus pull away, and then looking up at me and seeing me cry. He came over to me, put his hand on my leg, looked up at me, and said, "Don't worry Mom, we will find  her again." I picked him up and held him tight, it was just what I needed to hear.

On the first day of school in 1999 Coby was very upset. You can see him in the photo above, not looking real happy. He was not at all pleased with the idea that big brother and sister were off on a great adventure, while leaving him behind. He kept following them saying, "No go."

In the hectic morning, I hadn't even had time to change Coby out of his PJ's. He was in a pair of PJ bottoms and a onesie. When it was time to go out and wait at the bus stop, we opened the door to walk out, and couldn't find Coby.  I yelled for him and told him to come quickly because the bus was coming. I left the door to our house open and started taking pictures of Amanda and Jake getting on the bus.

I only have one picture of them starting to board, because as they got to the bus, a little bolt of lightening shot out of our house, ran past them, and climbed aboard. He had been in the house getting ready.

His outfit included newly added winter boots, and a Barney backpack that was packed full of snacks!!! I managed to get on the bus and grab him as he screamed and kicked. I waved goodbye while trying not to drop Coby! What a day! Later he let me take a picture of him after he calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment